The South of Vietnam includes 17 provinces from Binh Phuoc southward, especially two big cities: Ho Chi Minh City and Can Tho City. They are famous for wide rice fields, orchards and large river systems with various tourist destinations bringing comfortable choices for tourists.
Traveling to the South, it is impossible not to mention to Ho Chi Minh City (Sai Gon) – the most vibrant city as well as the biggest cultural and economic center in Vietnam with famous landmarks such as: Ben Thanh Market, Chinatown, Tan Dinh Market, Binh Tay Market, Notre Dame Cathedral; Ho Chi Minh Museum, War Remnants Museum, Opera House, Reunification Palace, Cu Chi Tunnels, Tao Dan Park, Starlight Bridge, Bitexco Financial Tower, etc.
Not the same as in Hanoi, the weather in Saigon is divided into two seasons: dry and rainy season, but the sun is not intense and the rain does not last too long. Hence, you can visit this hustle and bustle city on any occasion.
Besides, there are many different ethnic groups such as the Kinh, Hoa, Cham and others. Then this city was interfering with cultures from Europe and America, it becomes a city of cultural diversity.
Sai Gon culinary varies from the North to the South, it does not have its own specialty, but it combines many different cuisines, tourist can enjoy any dishes around Vietnam here. However, there are some famous dishes as: pho (a kind of rice noodle), spring rolls, Vietnamese pancakes, broken rice, sweet soup, hot pot, snails, etc.
Tourist attractions around the city:
- Phu Quoc: beautiful beaches with natural view, white sands and pristine blue waters, fascinated visitors.
- Con Dao island – Vung Tau: paradise of relaxation and exploring nature (forest and sea).
- Nam Du: pristine sea, the farthest island of Kien Giang province.
- Can Tho is known for its canal network and nearby floating markets.
- Cat Tien National Park: is a huge tropical forest and biosphere reserve in southern Vietnam
Mekong Delta: peaceful countryside with rivers, rice fields, marsh, pagodas and floating markets.